The Sharon Methodist Church was organized in 1835, three years before the town of Sharon was incorporated. In 1836, the Rev. Dr. Birdsong W.M. Minter deed 62 acres of land for the church, and two parsonages, one for the Madison Circuit and one for the Presiding Elder. Among the prominent members was Kinsman Divine, who deeded 84 acres for the town of Sharon in 1838. Sharon Church is now a United Methodist Church and has held continual services since 1835.